Friday, October 21, 2011

Playoffs are the new season

Good morning Kick James!

So no, we didn't play kickball last night, but we were still awesome at being people so I thought I'd send an email out. 

Don't worry, I will include significantly less "obscure" literary references like Casey at the Freakin Bat. It's still ridiculous that some of you had never heard of that, but I digress. 

Have I ever told you the story of Siddhartha (as told by Herman Hesse)? So Siddhartha was a wealthy... just kidding, though if you have never read Siddhartha, you should, it's a fantastic quick read and the only thing Hesse did that wasn't pompous.

Anyways last night was a ton of fun. Apparently without a kickball game it takes a little while for us to get the blood flowing, but a couple pitchers of shots, Sandy wearing a suit, piles of jalepeno queso, and chick fights to the death got us reeling. If you missed the chick fights it is because they didn't exist. 

There was a lot of talk, too much if you ask me, about all the things most of our team is doing Saturday morning that isn't playing kickball. 

Good excuses for missing kickball playoffs:
None

Bad excuses for missing kickball playoffs:
- I'm Maid of Honor in my sisters wedding (priorities... seriously)
- I have to work at Magnolia's (Serve your own sandwiches Hipster)
- I have to recruit people to come to my rinky dink nationally ranked technology institution (nerd)
- I am buying a house and get a ton of free money if I take a class (responsible decision... for idiots!)
- I want to spend time with my children, and they will not be happy outside in the cold watching adults play a game at 830am (fair actually)
- I can't remember any of the other reasons right now, but they're not good.

But anyways... the times and locations aren't posted yet, but it looks like we're still playing the other Marshall Street team (still for 50 bucks) at 8:30. We have a small tight line up, which can definitely work in our favor.

Timmy, Thomas, Sandy, Brian, Dave, Pearson, Jenna, Shelley, Katie, PooperCooperScooper (she really hates her name) for sure. Hoffy is in for at least the first couple games, but if we keep winning we're going to need some help.

So here are the questions: 
1 - Do we want to stick to the small team and play it tight to win?
1.1 - Should we play it safe and recruit at least one more guy and one more girl just in casies?
       1.1-a - If we decide to do this, Dodds or Christina, can you play? Theresa, can you and Kyle drive in from Connecticut and then leave directly after the last game without talking to anyone?
2 - Nope, that's it. I am happy to play ironman kickball and I think we have a very solid crew for winning a couple games at least if not the entire damn championship, which would be awesome. 

As always, KickJames is all about fun with friends and drinking at 8am, but since we have come this far a few more wins would be nice. I will take any suggestions or pieces of information into consideration and make my completely biased decisions secretly and without taking your suggestions and information into consideration. As always, if you show up and you want to be awesome and fun and better than everyone elses friends, you will play and be Kick James.

3 - Still think we might need to go streaking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who should be the Kick James Fall MVP?

What was your favorite Kick James moment?